A few colored leaves are popping through the green trees, school buses are making their rounds up and down Highway 245, and tomatoes are growing in our Edible Garden, which means one thing – August has arrived, which means it’s almost time for Bernheim’s annual collision of art, science, nature, and music – CONNECT at Bernheim!
Join us on Saturday, August 27, 6:18-10:18 p.m. for a night of musical performances, interactive art, hacker creations, craft beer and wine, local food and so much more all around Lake Nevin. CONNECT is a truly one of a kind experience, and Bernheim’s only evening festival. Learn more about music, food and more below.
Admission to CONNECT at Bernheim is $5 per person; children 2 and under are free. You’re encouraged to bring clothes that allow you to play in the mud pit and a flashlight – it will be dark getting back to your car at the end of the event. Also, blankets and folding chairs are welcome.
Some of this year’s funky experiences will include:
- The return of the mud pit, so wear clothes you can get dirty and maybe even a change of clothes
- Puppet Croquet from the Squallis Puppeteers
- Tarot card reading
- Labyrinth and lumineria
- Forest Disco
- Performance stage at the Garden Pavilion featuring Camera Lucida
- Sun and star spotting with the Louisville Astronomical Society
- The light sculpture and performance competition, CONNECTGlow (click the link for details on participating)
- So much more
As always, we will have our 91.9 WFPK Music Stage to delight your ears. Performances this year are brought to us from the Kentucky Rural-Urban Exchange (RUX). Learn more about these performers in the weeks leading up to CONNECT on our website (click here for all of our Meet the Artists blogs).
- Billy Goat Strut Revue with guest vocalist, Carly Johnson
- kRi (spoken word)
- John Haywood & Kevin Howard
- Lance Newman (spoken word)
- Anna Krippenstaple & Heather Summers
- Samuel Hawkins (spoken word)
- Nathan Blake Lynn
- Round Robin of Kentucky Songs, including John Haywood, Kevin Howard, Anna Krippenstaple, Heather Summers, Nathan Blake Lynn, and more.
What goes better with music than food and beverage? This year’s CONNECT will again have regional craft beer and NEW FOR 2016 – WINE! We will also have more food options than ever, from the vendors below and more. Don’t forget your refillable water bottle – we will have a Louisville Water Company Pure Tap bubbler here so you can stay hydrated.
- Bourbon City Dogs (Hot Dogs)
- Fresh Out of the Box (Asian Street Food)
- Kona Ice and Food Truck (Carnival Food)
- Smoke n’ Cantina (Southwestern Street Food)
- Sweet n’ Savory (Crepes)
- Zoom Zoom Yum (Turkish Food)
- Dozier’s Fire & Ice Concessions (Sandwiches and Carnival Food)
- Lexi Lu’s (Burgers, etc)
- Lucky Clover Farm (Homemade Baked Goods and Jams)
Drink Menu (Click links below for a description)
- Avery Brewing Company Ellie’s Brown Ale
- Rhinegeist Peach Dodo
- Rhinegeist Truth
- Schlafly Summer Lager
- Assorted wine from our Clermont neighbor, Forest Edge Winery
Also new this year – The Forest Lounge, a special area for our Giving Circles members and sponsors. The tented area includes seating, private restrooms, spirits, and more.
A fun time will be had by all – rain or shine (event will only be cancelled in the event of weather deemed unsafe by Bernheim’s staff). We’ll see you there!