After being open for member appreciation since July 6, Bernheim is excited to announce its reopening to all visitors on July 27. To support efforts to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are modifying our visitation procedures. We recommend getting acquainted with new guidelines so you will be ready and prepared for your visit. We look forward to providing a safe and fun experience for our guests and volunteers.
As of now, all visitors and their guests must have an advance reservation for timed entry to visit. Click here to make your advance timed entry reservation. Reservations for non-members will begin on Monday, July 20. Need assistance? Watch this video for step by step instructions about registering for our site. You can also call us at (502) 955-8512 daily 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Bernheim is open daily, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., with the last reservation time at 2:15, in order to allow all visitors to have plenty of time to enjoy being in nature. Because all buildings will still be closed, be sure to check out our Virtual Visitor Center, which provides tips for a successful visit, general information, and even offers some activities to do while social distancing at Bernheim. We look forward to seeing you on the trails very soon.
How to Prepare for Your Visit
- Reservations are required for all members and non-members. Reserve online here or (502) 955-8512.
- Limited restrooms available, all buildings are CLOSED.
- Bring plenty of water. Water fountains are not available.
- Keep 6 feet apart from other visitors.
- Masks should be worn when within 10 feet of other visitors and Bernheim staff.
- Hand sanitation stations will be offered onsite.
- Please follow all trail markers, as some trails have been made one way.
- The Canopy Tree Walk is closed until further notice.
- The Forest Giants in a Giant Forest are accessible but must be viewed from a distance.
- Need help finding your way? Click here for information about our Trails & Maps
If you love Bernheim and would like to become a member, you can learn more here.