The Membership Service Representative is Bernheim’s frontline of communication with current and potential members. The Membership Service Representative plays a key role in supporting Bernheim’s mission of connecting people with nature, by ensuring reliable and consistent delivery of outstanding customer service to members and guests. The Membership Service Representative supports ongoing efforts of Bernheim’s Advancement Department, committed to positive outreach on behalf of Bernheim by promoting reciprocal benefits of being a Bernheim member and Giving Circles donor. This position reports to the Membership Manager. The basic function and scope of responsibility for the Membership Service Representative include:
- Lead Membership Desk operations including member support and customer service; membership sales and renewals; provide information by phone and in-person; basic data entry and database clean-up.
- Serve as the resource point-person for membership at Bernheim’s Visitor Center. Be knowledgeable about membership promotions, membership drives, general membership, Giving Circles and general Bernheim information. All communication with guests and members should be professional and courteous to support membership sales and retention.
- Develop engaging relationships with members. Move members from casual visitors to connected members committed to Bernheim’s mission by providing outstanding customer service to all members, guests, staff and the community at-large.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping; data management; and implementation of membership registration records.
- Assist in timely response to all member inquiries. Answer phone calls and emails from current and prospective members professionally and thoroughly within the guidelines outlined in Bernheim’s Membership Standard Operating Procedures.
- Take a proactive role in solving member challenges and directing members and/or guests to the appropriate resources.
- Provide support and attend (if requested) Bernheim events to provide outreach to prospects, members & guests.
- Responsible for researching information, extracting data from databases, and manipulating data using the Altru Customer Relation Management software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year working in customer service preferred.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion, initiative, and appropriate judgment in developing solutions to problems and confidential/sensitive matters.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring extensive contact with the public, volunteers, and staff via telephone, e-mail, and in-person. Capable of planning, organizing and scheduling priorities.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook with PC and database management skills desired.
- Experience working with detail-oriented database software and willingness to learn Altru.
- Enjoy Bernheim and all it has to offer and believe in the mission and vision of the organization.
Salary rate: $17.00/hour
Hours: 18-24 Hours (weekly)
Preferred Days: This is a part-time position with a daily schedule of 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. with flexible days, preferably Thursday-Saturday. Must be available to work weekends and special events as needed.
Email your resume and cover letter to Charlotte Caldwell. Applications accepted until October 19, 2022.