The Director of Education has a critical role in fulfilling Bernheim’s mission to connect people with nature. The Director will successfully plan, direct, and manage the Bernheim education program. The education department offers unique educational experiences to both adult and youth audiences focused on nature and the environment.
A strong candidate will have experience in the following:
• Development of programs, curriculum and activities (adult and youth), utilized in both outdoor and indoor settings
• Partnership development with schools, community organizations and other strategic institutions in order to promote a nature based message through education programs and interactions
• Directing a robust volunteer naturalist program to include recruitment, training, and evaluation
• Interpretation to the general public concerning conservation, sustainability and local culture
• Budget management that supports education activities, programs, and materials
• Supervisory of nature-based education staff
A strong candidate will have a Masters of Natural Sciences Education or related degree.
Resumes will be accepted through November 22, 2019.
For more information or to submit your resume and cover letter, contact Debbie Medley, HR Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bernheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer.