Bernheim is seeking an Assistant to the Executive Director. This position is full-time with a complete benefit package.
The Assistant works closely with the Executive Director to manage daily operations of the office of the Director of Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest.
Email your resume and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the attention of Debbie Medley, Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest, 2499 Clermont Road, PO Box 130 , Clermont, KY 40110.
Bernheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full job description
Position: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Classification: Non-exempt under Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Description: The Assistant works closely with the Executive Director to manage daily operations of the office of the Director of Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest.
Essential Functions: Serves as the primary point of contact and coordination for the Executive Director. The Assistant serves as a liaison to the board of trustees, management, and community.
Education and Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree preferred. The position requires excellent written, verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects at once. He/She must be proficient in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date digital and paper files, briefing papers and the Executive Director’s schedule.
- Draft correspondence and respond to inquiries and requests, utilizing discretion and independent judgment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the Executive Director.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, email, and other tasks that facilitate the Executive Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Act as a highly resourceful team-player, while being effective independently.
- Facilitate meetings and lunches with donors, board members and other members of the community. Take minutes at the board and committee meetings.
- Provide support for special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Reports to: Executive Director of Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest