SWIFT (Students with Ideas for Transformation) is an environmental innovation competition open to all Bullitt and Nelson County high school students. Are you a Bullitt or Nelson County high school student with a great idea to help your environment? We’d love to give you a place to share it!
This year for the first time, Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest is launching SWIFT (Students with Ideas for Transformation), an innovation competition that offers you the chance to solve critical problems in your community.
Focus can be on issues related to:
- Waste reduction/reuse/recycling
- Noise pollution
- Agricultural practices
- Wildlife protection
Your proposal can be any of many forms, including:
- Technical (a description of a designed physical solution)
- Educational (a way of sharing information to raise awareness and build understanding)
- Systemic or policy (a proposed change to how something is currently done)
- Legal or civic: (an idea for a law or other regulation)
Requirements for submission
First round: 750 word proposal
Second (finalist) round: Oral presentation and digital media
All submitted ideas will be displayed in digital media by Bernheim.
Entry deadline is Feb. 12, 2021, with oral presentations and an awards banquet to follow in April. Winners will receive prize money. For detailed criteria or any other questions, contact Dan Pascucci