SATURDAY, AUGUST 27; 6:18 — 10:18 P.M.
$5/PERSON; CHILDREN UNDER 2 FREE
Now in its eight year, CONNECT at Bernheim again will challenge minds and delight the senses. The night includes live musical performances, a light sculpture competition, and hands-on experiences for adults and families, including making art, drum circle participation, hacker creations and participatory science.
Artists will set up around Lake Nevin with funky, fun and spontaneous art displays and demonstrations for the third year. This year’s art demonstrations include participants in CONNECTglow, a sculpture and performance art challenge in which participants create light sculptures without the use of a generator or AC power.
Some of this year’s funky experiences will include:
- The return of the mud pit, so wear clothes you can get dirty and maybe even a change of clothes
- Puppet Croquet from the Squallis Puppeteers
- Tarot card reading
- Labyrinth and lumineria
- Forest Disco
- Performance stage at the Garden Pavilion featuring Camera Lucida
- Sun and star spotting with the Louisville Astronomical Society
- The light sculpture and performance competition, CONNECTGlow (click the link for details on participating)
- So much more
- Billy Goat Strut Revue with guest vocalist, Carly Johnson
- kRi (spoken word)
- John Haywood & Kevin Howard
- Lance Newman (spoken word)
- Anna Krippenstaple & Heather Summers
- Samuel Hawkins (spoken word)
- Nathan Blake Lynn
- Round Robin of Kentucky Songs, including John Haywood, Kevin Howard, Anna Krippenstaple, Heather Summers, Nathan Blake Lynn, and more.
What goes better with music than food and beverage? This year’s CONNECT will again have regional craft beer and NEW FOR 2016 – WINE! We will also have more food options than ever, from the vendors below and more. Don’t forget your refillable water bottle – we will have a Louisville Water Company Pure Tap bubbler here so you can stay hydrated.
- Bourbon City Dogs (Hot Dogs)
- Fresh Out of the Box (Asian Street Food)
- Kona Ice and Food Truck (Carnival Food)
- Smoke n’ Cantina (Southwestern Street Food)
- Sweet n’ Savory (Crepes)
- Zoom Zoom Yum (Turkish Food)
- Dozier’s Fire & Ice Concessions (Sandwiches and Carnival Food)
- Lexi Lu’s (Burgers, etc)
- Lucky Clover Farm (Homemade Baked Goods and Jams)