The Operations Manager is a full-time position with benefits.
This position is responsible for managing all activities related to the daily operations and development of Bernheim by performing the following duties personally or through team leaders and members. The person in this role will be responsible for the maintenance and care of all facilities, roads, and infrastructure of the Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls
- Provides guidance to the development of personnel needs, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and equipment needs.
- Coordinates activities with other departments within the organization and outside suppliers
- Directs the resolution of operational, construction, and maintenance problems to ensure minimal costs and prevent operational delays.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of shop operations
A strong candidate will exhibit:
- A high level of project management experience involving facility construction and renovation, to include the use of project management software
- Superior safety record
- Successful experience formulating and executing Capital and Operating budgets
- Construction knowledge regarding LEED or Living Building Challenge projects
- The ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience
- Undergraduate degree: Engineering, Construction Management or similar
- Equivalent Experience
Desired Supervisory Experience:
- 5 + years for electrician, plumber, custodial, or mechanic staff
Valid driver’s license is required to drive a Bernheim vehicle. The ability to perform physical tasks in various weather conditions and work around poison ivy and stinging insects is essential.
Bernheim is an equal opportunity employer
For full job description or to submit your application, contact Debbie Medley, HR Coordinator.