Bernheim Forest is seeking a skilled mechanic who is proficient in maintaining and repairing a fleet of vehicles and general equipment used in the operation of Bernheim Forest. Some examples of general equipment include weed eaters, leaf blowers, chainsaws, stump grinders, mowers, chippers and tractors.
- Develop a preventative maintenance schedule for vehicles and equipment.
- Schedule times with employees to perform routine maintenance/repairs on work vehicles.
- Record-keeping, such as fuel consumption.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain vehicles and equipment as needed.
- Address unexpected issues with machinery being used in the field, requiring immediate attention.
- Keep shop safe, clean and tools in good working condition.
- Communicate problems or concerns to the Director of Operations.
- Assist fellow employees as time permits.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license.
- 3 years’ experience as a mechanic or equivalent.
- Work with and relate to all personality types.
- Keep detailed maintenance and repair records.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Repair a variety of equipment and vehicles.
- Use diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot and analyze.
- Operate various pieces of equipment.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner.
Bernheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer.