- This event has passed.
State of the Forest
November 9 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EST
Join us virtually for Bernheim’s annual State of the on Tuesday, November 9, 2021, from
6:00 – 7:30 p.m. You will hear updates on Bernheim’s conservation research, learn about new innovative projects, get an update on the #SaveBernheim campaign, and see how Bernheim is bridging the nature gap.
As a thank you to our guests for joining, Bernheim will put everyone who registers for State of the Forest into a drawing for special Bernheim giveaways, must be present on the Zoom to win.
- Welcome – Dr. Mark K. Wourms, Executive Director
- Deep Thoughts from President of the Board – Kurt Mason
- Biodiversity in the Forest and Pipeline Update – Andrew Berry, Director of Conservation
- Sensory Garden/Horticulture at Bernheim – Renee Frith, Director of Horticulture & Sustainable Landscapes
- Education Beyond our Borders: Urban Conservation Corps, SummerWorks, Bernheim Ambassador Announcement – Kristin Faurest, Director of Education
- Camp Bernheim and Backside Learning Center – Mariah Levine Garcia, Youth Education & Enrichment Manager with Backside Learning Center at Churchill Downs
- Nelson County High School and Bernheim Collab – Laura Arnold, Director of Workforce Development with Nelson County Schools
- Playcosystem – Claude Stephens, Facilitator of Outreach & Regenerative Design
- Louisville Rites of Passage Program and Seven Generations Camp at Bernehim – Stacy Bailey-Ndiaye, Bridge Kids International Executive Director
- Spirit Nest, Artist in Residence, What’s Next for Arts in Nature Program – Jenny Zeller, Arts in Nature Curator
- Bridging the Nature Gap – Cadell Walker, Director of Advancement
- Q & A and Socializing