- This event has passed.
Bernheim Run for the Planet
April 23, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Bernheim is excited to host the Bernheim Run for the Planet to benefit Bernheim’s mission, connecting people with nature. Runners will experience a timed trail run through Bernheim’s scenic 13.75-mile Millennium Trail, Bernheim’s longest trail, which winds through oak-hickory forests to valleys and streams of beech-maple forests.
This difficult trail features several steep slopes, creek, and road crossings. Be prepared for both the joys and challenges of this beautiful trail!
We encourage your to bring the whole family! There will be a designated cheering section at the start line for family members. After the race begins, they can check out our new Playcosystem and Sprit Nest, take a quick hike to view the Forest Giants, or pick up a souvenir at our gift shop (open 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.).
After the race, enjoy snacks and refreshments or stop by Isaac’s Café where all runners will receive a 10% discount on delicious fresh and local food (discount applies on Saturday only).
Trail Run Details
- Total distance: 14 miles
- Max elevation: 890 ft
- Average elevation: 500 ft
- Terrain: The Millennium Trail winds through high ridges of oak-hickory forests, down to valleys and streams that meander through stands of beech and maple. This difficult trail features several steep slopes, creek and road crossings, and rough terrain.
- Fauna: Bernheim Forest is home to 50 species of mammals, 230 bird species, and 75 species of reptiles, amphibians, and fish. Hikers and runners on the Millennium Trail may encounter white-tailed deer, pileated woodpeckers, or the elusive red fox.
- Stops: 3 stops throughout the trail
- Click the image to the right to enlarge the course map.
$75 per early entry until March 31. Cost will increase to $100 on April 1.
Registration is limited to 100 runners.
All race participants are to meet in front of the Silos by 7 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. Race will start promptly at 8 a.m. Parking will be available at the Education Center parking lot.
All runners are encouraged to bring their own water bottles.
Packet Pick Up
Bernheim’s Visitor Center – 11 a.m.- 3 p.m.
Mile Wide Beer Company in Louisville – 4 – 7 p.m.
Race Day (April 23)
Education Center Silos – 7 – 7:45 a.m.