It’s that time of year again! ColorFest, Bernheim’s annual fall festival is Saturday, October 19 and Sunday, October 20.
ColorFest is two days of affordable family fun surrounded by the spectacular beauty of fall at Bernheim. Returning this year are crowd favorites like the corn pit, giant slides, hay maze, mud pie kitchen and pumpkin painting return. Test your skills at the pumpkin launch and enjoy a hayride in the brilliance of Bernheim’s colorful landscape.
NEW this year, we will celebrate the Forest Giants in a Giant Forest by creating costumes out of recycled materials (parental assistance is required).
Other highlights include live music, hands-on nature activities, unique local foods, and Kentucky art and craft vendors. ColorFest is from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. This year’s festivities will take place from the lawn across the street from the Visitor Center to the area around the Visitor Center extending to the Education Center lawn and the Art Barn behind the Education Center.
There is no cost for members to attend, but non-members are required to pay $10 per car at the gate. While most ColorFest activities are free, a select few have a small fee (pumpkins to either launch or paint, Hay Rides, the Boy Scouts’ Rope Bridge).
A few accommodations have been made for this year’s event to keep up with with the increase in visitation. Forest Hill Drive will be closed to vehicles until 4 p.m. so hay rides can safely travel.
Helpful tips for the most enjoyable experience:
- Arrive early to get the best parking spot and avoid traffic
- Hay ride tickets may sell out by the end of the day; stop by the ticket booth (behind the Education Center) earlier in your visit
- The event footprint is large – come prepared with good walking shoes and plenty of water (The Louisville Water Company will have a water station to refill your bottle)
- While Bernheim is generally dog friendly, we recommend leaving your dog at home during big festivals, like ColorFest
- The event will be accessible to strollers, but some areas will be off pavement
Want to volunteer? Click here to sign up.
Please sign up for as many shifts as you would like, and feel free to share this link with any friends you think might be interested in coming out to help. Note that on signup.com, you will only be able to see one day of the event at a time, so make sure you expand and check both days out. Also, there are more spots each day than will fit on a page, so you will click on the Show More Spots button at the bottom of each day.