We are seeking a Chef/Café Manager who is creative and proficient in all aspects of food preparation – an individual who will successfully lead team members, optimize staff productivity, and develop a robust catering program on and off-site.
Candidates must be trained in sustainable food practices, utilizing Bernheim’s Edible Garden harvest, and preparing food from whole, locally sourced ingredients.
This individual is responsible for developing menus, maintaining a well-trained kitchen team, purchasing, and growing and maintaining vendor relations. The successful candidate will ensure that our food-service operations run smoothly and guests have exemplary experiences.
This position requires candidates to represent Bernheim to our visitors in a welcoming and professional manner, promoting Bernheim’s mission of connecting people with nature.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Create or modify menus that meet quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs
- Perform administrative duties
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Help achieve goals for sales, cost control, and profitability
- Uphold the highest standards for food sanitation and quality
- Train and develop productive and service-oriented team members
Bernheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer