There is still space, and still time, but act soon!
The CIG Program The nationally recognized Certified Interpretive Guide (CIG) program is designed for anyone in the interpretive field. Whether you’re a new hire, a professional looking to refresh your skills, or beginning a second career, this course will aid you in improving your presentation and communication techniques. The course combines both the theoretical foundations of the profession with practical strategies in delivering quality interpretive programming to visitors. This 32-hour course includes:
- history, definition, and principles of interpretation
- making your programs purposeful, enjoyable, relevant, organized, and thematic
- using tangible objects to connect audiences to intangible ideas and universal concepts in interpretive programs
- presentation and communication skills
- certification requirements (open book exam; program outline; 10-min. presentation)
- all materials, workbook, and CIG course textbook
- Additional Resources If you wish to purchase your own books, please visit the NAI store www.interpnet.com/store The books are $107.00 for current members and $135.00 for non-members plus shipping. You may wish to purchase the books after you have paid for your registration to this workshop and receive the discounted member rate. It is recommended that you look over the material in advance to allow you to focus more on class activities during the workshop. All materials included in your course will be shipped to your instructor. Texts used are:
- The Gifts of Interpretation (Larry Beck and Ted Cable)
- Interpretation: Making a Difference on Purpose (Sam Ham)
- Personal Interpretation (Lisa Brochu and Tim Merriman)
- Interpreting our Heritage (Freeman Tilden)
Further Information For more information about the course, please contact Wren Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502 955 8512 x227.
Registration Rates: Early (By March 4, 2016): $245 Regular: $270 Add Certification: $150
Special Terms and Cancellation Cancellations must be made in writing and emailed, postmarked, or faxed by March 4, 2016; a nonrefundable processing fee of $50.00 will be assessed. Emailed cancellations should be sent to email@example.com. Cancellations cannot be made by phone. No refunds will be given after March 4, 2016