Be part of a dynamic team that makes art happen at Bernheim! The Arts in Nature Assistant provides administrative, creative, and operational support to the Arts in Nature Curator, assisting with visiting artists, large-scale installations, events, and engagement opportunities within Bernheim’s Arts in Nature program. The right candidate should be visionary, curious, proactive, solution-oriented, and passionate about Bernheim’s mission of connecting people to nature through the lens of art.
This is a part-time position with 24 hours per week at $18/hour, completed largely at Bernheim, with remote capability when needed. A standardized schedule is encouraged, though this will vary depending on artist arrivals, events, and other circumstances which may require occasional evening or weekend presence.
- Support Bernheim’s Artist in Residence program and help to establish unique art experiences at annual events. Duties include assistance in the creation, launch and promotion of call for art proposals, scheduling selected artists and acting as main point of contact during their stay.
- Provide Arts in Nature blog posts and social media content. Collaborate with staff on marketing and promotion of arts related events, engagement, and outreach opportunities.
- Assist visiting artists on various art projects and installations by coordinating volunteer help, facilitation of materials (when necessary) and occasional maintenance of artwork.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Arts in Nature Curator.
- Strong knowledge of various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and WordPress
- Possess solid communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative in work approach with a willingness and ability to be flexible
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Spend up to 2-3 hours outdoors in all weather (heat, cold, rain, snow)
- Hike 1-2 miles on rough terrain
- Engage in sustained physical activity when mounting installations and exhibitions
- Lift up to 40 pounds
- Have 20:20 vision (with corrective lenses) to provide oversight of art installations
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred with a strong interest in the arts
Email your resume and letter of application to Human Resources or mail to the attention of HR, Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest, 2499 Clermont Road, PO Box 130, Clermont, KY 40110.
BERNHEIM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER