The Garden Pavilion building is within in 14,000 acre Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest. The picturesque building is easily accessible and is located at the edge of Lake Nevin near the main entrance. Flowering trees and plants encircle the building, providing a breathtaking view of the surrounding area. The facility will comfortably seat up to 60 people at tables, has men’s and women’s restrooms (these are not handicap accessible) and a small kitchen with refrigerator, stove, sink and microwave. Accessible facilities are located near the Education Center and Visitor Center.
Isaac W. Bernheim stated that “No distinction will be shown between rich or poor, white or colored. Every respectable man, woman, and child will be made welcome, and all will be treated with an equal consideration.” We ask that you honor his wishes in both your speech and actions.
The following regulations apply for use of the building:
- Groups are limited to a maximum of 60 people.
- Delivery access to the building can be pre arranged. No vehicles are allowed on walkways without prior permission.
- Groups using the facility are responsible for arranging their catering needs.
- No fixtures or structures can be set up outside the building.
- Bernheim will provide tables and chairs for use inside the building only. Arrangement and setup is the responsibility of the rental party.
- The group is responsible for all clean up. Bernheim staff will empty garbage cans after the group has finished using the facility.
- No directional signage in the park is allowed without permission from Bernheim.
- Bernheim is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Men and Women’s restrooms are located inside the building. They are not handicap accessible. Accessible facilities are located near the Education Center and Visitor Center.
- Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted.
- Normal rental time is between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Time outside this parameter is negotiable.
Reservation / Refund Policy:
Reservations are only tentative upon receipt of $50.00 non-refundable deposit. Make checks payable to Bernheim. A policy will then be mailed for you to sign and return. Upon payment in full your event will be confirmed and placed on the calendar and entrance passes will be mailed to you.
If your plans change, please notify the office as soon as possible. Cancellation must be made two weeks prior to the date reserved to receive refund (less the non-refundable deposit).
Corporate and Individual Rates: $500/day – $300/half day (includes all entrance fees)
Non Profits: $250/day – $125/half day (includes all entrance fees)
*Full payment must be received at least two weeks in advance of scheduled date to confirm placement.
Please allow two business days for a response. If you don’t hear from us there may have been a technical problem.