TERMS, CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Deposits for Group Tours
Group tours require a $100 deposit due at the time the reservation is made. Deposits will be subtracted from the total cost of the tour package. We accept most major credit cards and online reservations. See Refunds and Cancellation for additional information.
Schedule in Advance
We appreciate as much advance notice as possible to help us address your tour request. Please schedule tours a minimum of 14 days in advance of your preferred tour date.
Groups larger than 15 people must make meal arrangements at our Café in advance. Call 502.955.8512 x 181.
Terms and Conditions
• Group tour reservations are confirmed only after receipt of the group tour deposit.
• Full payment (minus the deposit) is due prior to the start of any tour.
• Arrangements for invoiced billing (except for required deposits) after services are provided should be made during the reservation process and are solely at the discretion of Bernheim.
• Tour operators interested in program bundles or reduced fees for multiple dates can contact the Director of Education at 502-955-8512.
• Tour leaders (up to 2 per bus) and bus drivers are not included in group counts and are not charged program fees.
Bernheim Forest is an outdoor experience. Dress for the weather. On-Board Tours are not affected by most weather conditions. Walking and Combination Tours will proceed in light to moderate rain. At your discretion, you may switch a Walking Tour to an On-Board Tour at no additional cost subject to availability. If heavy rain or extreme weather conditions force Bernheim to cancel a tour for safety reasons, your entire tour cost will be refunded. We will be happy to reschedule canceled programs based on availability. Indoor activities including lunch arrangements are not cancelled due to weather but may require use of alternate sheltered areas.
Meeting Your Group
All group tours begin at the Visitor Center unless other arrangements are made in advance. Bernheim will make every effort to accommodate late arriving groups, but in some cases your program may be shortened. Groups arriving more than 15 minutes late should call in advance to arrange a change of plans. All times communicated by Bernheim are Eastern Standard Time (EST). There is a bus pull-off in front of the Visitor Center and bus parking in the lot just past the Visitor Center as well as near the Education Center.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
To cancel a reservation, call Regina Glass at (502) 955-8512, ext. 224.
• Cancellations are fully refundable up to 20 business days in advance.
• Cancellations less than 20 business days in advance will forfeit the $100.00 deposit.
Self Guided Tours
Self Guided Tours are allowed but require a $25 impact fee per coach. Make reservations at least 10 days in advance. Call Wren Smith at (502) 955- 8512 ext. 227, or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to provide suggestions to help you make the most of your visit to Bernheim.