OPEN 9 – 5 DAILY (Winter hours 9 – 4)
We recommend that you begin your exploration of Bernheim at our Visitor Center where you will find:
- Information to help plan your visit
- Gifts unique to Bernheim
- Food from our green café
- Connections to trails, gardens and art
- Comfortable places to rest
- Wi-Fi and ATM to connect to the world
Bernheim’s Visitor Center, Kentucky’s first LEED® platinum building, is also a great place to learn about sustainable design
- Nature inspired design
- Key green strategies and features
- Gallery of photos in all seasons
The Visitor Center is available for Meetings and Small Events. Contact Debbie Midgett or call 502-955-8512 for more information and availablity.
Whether you have an hour or a day to spend at Bernheim, our friendly staff is ready to help provide you with the information you need to make the best of your time here.
- Trail suggestionsKey features and destinations
- Maps and brochures
- Special events, daily happenings and programs
- What’s in Bloom
- Tips on where to see:
◦ arboretum displays,
◦ art, or
◦ whatever interests you most
You can’t see all of our 14,378 acres in a day. Let us help you make the most of your time here.
Our Gift Shop has a great selection of items to help you remember your visit or to better connect with nature. Forgot that sunscreen? We can help. Want to send a postcard to Uncle Pete? Got you covered. You can even order some items on-line.
- Bernheim memberships
- Bernheim Select® plants (seasonal)
- Hiking supplies
- Unique nature arts and crafts
- Regional artists
Isaac’s café, located in the Visitor Center, is a favorite destination for lunch, pre-hike snacks, sweet treats and warm-me-ups on cool days. In keeping with our sustainable practices the café features healthy foods from local farmers.
- Seasonal menu selections
- Box lunches for the trail
- Catering for small groups
- Our local food connections
- Our café philosophy
Rest, Relax and Read
Comfortable seating areas, café tables, outdoor benches and gathering areas are waiting for you at the Visitor Center.
Public wi-fi access is available in and near the Visitor Center and the Education Center.
An ATM machine is located in the Visitor Center