Please note that during November 9 – 17, selected Bernheim trails will be closed for wildlife management. The arboretum will remain open for your enjoyment, and all closed areas will be clearly marked for your safety. We take this time to ensure proper ecological balance at Bernheim. We regret any inconvenience; however, many adventures still await you. Hiking, family picnics, biking, dog walking, nature photography and more are to be enjoyed in the beauty of nature in the arboretum. Late fall is a wonderful time to explore Bernheim’s arboretum, from observing nature’s response to the season to beginning your holiday shopping for your nature loving friends at our Visitor Center. Weekend admission during this period is free.
• Visitor Center; 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Isaac’s Café; 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Education Center; 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• All of the Arboretum
• Visitor Center 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Education Center 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Lake Nevin Trail
• Two Ponds Loop
• Sun & Shade Trail
• Bent Twig Trail
• Big Prairie
• Big Prairie Overlook (gravesite of I.W. Bernheim)
• Holly section (gorgeous now!)
• Guerilla Hollow Road
• Ten Toms Circle (road open)
• Children’s Play Garden
• Guerilla Hollow Picnic Area
• Magruder Meadow
• Earth Measure sculpture
• Forest Hill Drive closed
• Hike-Bike Trail (across 245 by Jim Beam to Four Roses)
• Millenium Trail
• All trails with trailhead on Forest Hill Drive are closed during this period (see attached map)
• Canopy Tree Walk closed
• Fire Tower closed